||WAMU - 88.5||
||$55,000 - $65,000||
||Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst A|
Work Hours per Week:
|The Producer, working with minimal supervision from the Senior Producer, develops, creates, and manages segments a nationally distributed live news talk show with a presence across multiple digital media platforms. The Producer is responsible for researching a wide range of political, cultural, sport, literary, and social topics; and for conceptualizing and shaping compelling stories on air and online.
|Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in journalism and media, with at least 3 years working at a national level
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify trends and to generate and execute complex creative ideas
- Keen understanding of national and international current events, and excellent news and narrative judgment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously and assimilate large amounts of information efficiently under daily deadline pressures
- Proficiency with audio editing and multimedia production
- Experience creating content for Facebook, Twitter and other emerging platforms
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proven ability to identify and vet dynamic and sought-after national and international guests
- An established network of contacts with national and international newsmakers
- Experience producing content for a live daily talk program
- Experience developing high-quality digital-only content
- Proven ability to establish and grow online audiences
|The successful candidate will be highly creative, collaborative, driven, and nimble. He/she will have a positive outlook and a great sense of humor. |
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.