||Washington College of Law||
||$22.00 - $25.00/hr||
Work Hours per Week:
|The Digital Content Coordinator will work with WCL to review current content and advise the departments on how to develop new information for, and deliver content to the web to tell the WCL story, and articulate our vision, through our digital and social media channels. Essential duties include working with new format, and curating content for WCL’s website, social media, and emails; developing an annual WCL content plan and updating it regularly; serving as primary editor for the school’s website. |
The Digital Content Coordinator works closely with WCL Technology and WCL Media Relations to ensure that the WCL's branding and message are consistently used across multiple platforms. The Coordinator engages directly with the WCL Assistant Dean for External Affairs, The Director of Technology, and is supervised by the Communication Coordinator.
The Digital Content Coordinator decides which assets best serve a project, be it text, video, photo, or infographic, and works to incorporate them into the web site. The Coordinator works with various WCL departments to create, edit, and update digital content both independently and in collaboration with others, analyzes the impact of her/his efforts, and ensures high quality, effective digital content that engages the audience and supports WCL’s values, missions, goals, and objectives. This position prioritizes and manages a varied workflow; stays organized; and communicates well with the larger WCL community.
|A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two to three years of relevant experience
- Superb writing, editing and proofing skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and dissect complex topics, translating them to a wider audience in a relevant way
- Strong project management skills
- Deadline-conscious and results-driven
- Possess integrity, self-motivation, creativity, desire to learn, and ability to problem-solve
- Demonstrated experience in community building, analytics, and campaign strategy and management
- Demonstrated success in increasing web traffic and engaging online audiences
- Knowledge of best practices in online communications, including email writing, and analysis
- Ability to think creatively about communicating key messages
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web best practices to make recommendations about digital content organization, hierarchy, and presentation
- Experience with website editing and web content management systems; a basic understanding of HTML
- Familiarity with online measurement and assessment platforms and tools, such as Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, Facebook Insights, and experience in digital data analysis
- Higher education, or non-profit communications background a plus
- Experience shooting high-quality photos
- Experience with Mura CMS a plus
- Proven strong written and verbal communications skills
Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.