||Office of Sustainability||
||Commensurate with experience||
Work Hours per Week:
|This position gathers and analyzes sustainability related data and ensures completion of sustainability and green building related assessments and reports. The incumbent identifies opportunities for sustainability while tracking, benchmarking, and analyzing a wide range of metrics related to sustainability in operations.
|Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, business, architecture, or related area, as well as LEED Accredited Professional O+M or NC credential or willingness to achieve is required.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft (Excel, Project, & PowerPoint)
- Understanding of metrics tracking across sustainability topic areas such as climate, energy, water, waste, transportation, and purchasing
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about building management, systems, operations, maintenance, and controls
- Must have interpersonal, communication, public speaking skills and strong written communication skills
- Experience with and aptitude for technology and software
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with all organizational levels
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate multi-task requirements and meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to changing priorities
- Higher Education work experience
- Experience working with students and student organizations
- Project management experience
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.