||WAMU - 88.5||
||Commensurate with Experience||
||Team Leader/Consultant B|
Work Hours per Week:
|The Senior Developer is a key participant in the development, design and delivery of mission-critical websites and applications. The incumbent will help drive innovation and collaboration in the department. This position supports the team and is responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining a combination of open source and custom applications and WAMU 88.5 websites. The incumbent is responsible for daily operations and maintenance of all of WAMU’s Web systems and applications and guiding the design and implementation of applications that address current and future needs of WAMU 88.5.
|Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with at least 4 years’ experience required.
- The Developer will be fluent in software development processes and methodologies as well as internet-based development tools and conversant in modern software engineering concepts.
- 3 plus year’s demonstrable experience with PHP and 4 plus developing Web applications.
- Hands-on knowledge of WordPress and Drupal. Excellent programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with Web server/systems administration.
- Understanding of XML, XSL and other data syndication technologies.
- Strong grasp of client/server networking applications involving Web servers and databases.
- Strong grasp of computer operating systems including different flavors of Linux, Apple, and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated and consistent ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of multi-media formats, including MP3, MP4, AAC and others.
- Familiar with mobile development concepts.
- Familiarity with and adherence to Web standards.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on multiple deliverables against deadlines a must.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.