- Proficiency with GIS software and spatial data, demonstrated experience with design and delivery of GIS-related instruction, and expertise in geographic and cartographic principles.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience with the suite of ESRI GIS products, open source, and online GIS software and platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use and potential of geospatial information for research, teaching, and learning in an academic environment.
- Sound familiarity with the types, producers, sources and formats of geospatial data.
- Willingness and ability to independently discover and learn new geospatially relevant technologies and sources, and their potential applications by the AU community in the scholarly research process.
- Demonstrated experience with managing geospatial data, and with creating and growing a GIS service supporting academic research. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated strong public service ethic, communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work across a broad-based constituency and to communicate a positive university image.