||Housing and Dining Programs||
||$50,000 - $54,000||
Work Hours per Week:
|The Assistant Director for Marketing and Sales is a member of the University Conference & Guest Services team within the Housing & Dining Programs department. This position is responsible for marketing and sales of the daily conference operations for internal and external clients, as well as supporting selected projects throughout the academic year. Will participate in the recruitment, selection and training for all student staff on the University Conference & Guest Services team. This position works under the general supervision of the Director of University Conference & Guest Services and uses independent decision-making responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. Requires some non-traditional hours during peak operational periods. |
|Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration and/or Marketing) or equivalent in education, training and/or experience.|
- Four years of experience in event planning, summer conferences, marketing, or higher education administration required.
- Computer experience, particularly in database and spreadsheet applications, required.
- Must be able to prioritize, balance, and complete multiple tasks with direct but minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Requires some non-traditional hours during peak operational periods.
|American University is an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. American University campus is tobacco and smoke free.|