||Commensurate with Experience||
Work Hours per Week:
|The Director is tasked with overall concern for internships at the University, including strategic vision, education on internship best practices for faculty, students and employers, and maintaining AU’s position as a top school for experiential education. The Director will gather and analyze internship related data for internal and external assessment and reporting. The Director also leads career advising teams serving AU’s School of International Service and School of Public Affairs and will have expertise on trends in domestic and international employment markets of interest to students. The Director reports to the Career Center’s Executive Director, and supervises four career advisors.
|Master's degree required; doctoral degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- 6 to 10 years in program administration with progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Background in experiential education and commitment to field experience as an innovative teaching and learning methodology.
- Ability to interact with a variety of constituencies such as students, employers, faculty, and alumni.
- Previous experience with internship or career advising.
- Familiarity with broad range of job market trends.
- Experience working with database systems and tracking program efforts.
- Experience and comfort with online instructional technology and social media.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while being very detail oriented. Proven team player with leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working with college/university students.
- Successful strategic planning experience.
- Certification in self-assessment instruments such as SII and MBTI and familiarity with Symplicity career management software.
- Contacts in the local employment community, public, private for profit and nonprofit.
|The Director of Experiential Education works in close collaboration with other Career Center teams, led by Directors for Career Development, Outreach and Marketing, Merit Awards and Administration. |
The Director of Experiential Education serves as a resource on experiential learning within the University community, working directly with the Deans, Department Chairs, the Registrar and other University leadership to address programmatic or student-specific issues. Director is responsible for the promotion of academic integrity of academic internships at the University and ensuring that faculty are familiarized with experiential learning pedagogies.
Per best practices in career advising, applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a resume and cover letter to the on-line application.