||Office of the Provost||
||$23.00 - $25.00/hour||
Work Hours per Week:
|The Web Content Coordinator is a hybrid communications position that requires a strong writer with technical proficiency in web/graphic design, multimedia, and social media. This position is responsible for writing, editing, and updating content for www.american.edu/provost/ and other provost unit sites such as Summer Sessions and Online Learning. Under the direction of the Manager of Web Systems, this position handles the ongoing updates and maintenance related to the Summer Sessions and OL sites, including posting its programs, course offerings, application deadlines, as well as information about the community and its students, faculty, alumni, and their achievements. This position will also be responsible for creation of, and day-to-day updating and monitoring of Summer Sessions and OL social media channels at the Manager of Web Systems’s direction.|
In addition, this position will serve as the central coordinator and creator of all Google Analytics reports for provost units including report development, analytics report generation, and follow-up on analytics feedback in each of the units.
|The incumbent must have a Bachelor's degree in journalism, interactive journalism, communications, marketing, or a related discipline.
|- At least 3 years of experience in website maintenance and/or web communications|
- HTML proficiency
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging, informative, and SEO-optimized news stories, captions, web teases, and headlines
- Ability to turn high-quality projects quickly and on deadline
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite (particular strength in Photoshop and Dreamweaver), web graphics, and the tools required to fulfill the position’s responsibilities as technology evolves
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with particular attention to detail
- Adept at social media use for engagement and monitoring
|- Experience covering higher education-related topics|
- CommonSpot CMS experience