Position Title: Assistant Director, International Recruitment and Student Service (7970)
Washington Semester Program
Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours per Week:
This position manages recruitment, admissions, enrollment, academic advising, student services, basic immigration functions, and non-academic programming for the international student population within the School of Professional & Extended Studies (SPExS). The Assistant Director also acts as a liaison to faculty and staff representatives of member institutions abroad and plays a key role in the development and implementation of international recruitment plans.
A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in higher and international education
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse student population in an intercultural setting
- Must be willing to independently travel internationally
- Knowledge of Word, Access, Excel, E-Resources, Datatel computer applications and email communication tools
- Familiarity with F-1 and J-1 regulations
- Experience studying or working abroad
- Knowledge of experiential education
- Training and experience in evaluating international student credentials, including international university transcripts, letters of recommendation, and English proficiency test results
- Event planning and program management experience
- Familiarity with immigration law and procedures
- Bi or Multi-lingual
This position requires a high degree of flexibility, in that the individual must be willing to adapt to new university programs and procedures, as well as changes in immigration law. It is recommended that the individual in this position posses the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
The School of Professional & Extended Studies (SPExS) offers a full range of life-long experiential educational and training programs for pre-collegiate to post-retirement populations. The School has more than 230 partnerships with other universities and colleges in the US and abroad. This position supports these partnerships in close collaboration with student services and public affairs/marketing, and our professional and extended studies units. For more information on SPExS programs please see http://www.american.edu/spexs/about/
if you would like to apply for this position.
Make note of the Job Title to reference once logged in.