||Kogod School of Business||
||$35,000 - $42,000||
Work Hours per Week:
|The Web Content Coordinator is a hybrid communications position that requires a strong writer with technical proficiency in web design, multimedia, and social media. This position is responsible for writing extensive content for kogod.american.edu and other digital channels used by the business school. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Digital Communications, this position is responsible for writing, editing, and publishing content related to the Kogod community and its students, faculty, alumni, and other achievements. This position will also be responsible for day-to-day updating and monitoring of Kogod’s social media channels at the Assistant Director’s direction. |
In addition, this position will serve as the central coordinator and creator of all email communications/campaigns for Kogod including template development, list management, and campaign reporting.
|A Bachelor's degree in journalism, interactive journalism, communications, or marketing is required.
|- One to three years of experience|
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary writing skills and the ability to create engaging, informative, and SEO-optimized news stories, captions, web teases, and headlines
- Photo, video, and audio content gathering and editing skills (iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro)
- Adept at social media use for engagement and monitoring
- HTML proficiency
- Ability to turn high-quality projects quickly and on deadline
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft office suite, Adobe Suite (particular strength in Photoshop), web graphics, video editing, database development, and the tools required to fulfill the position’s responsibilities as technology evolves
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with particular attention to detail
|- Experience covering business-related topics|
- CMS experience
- Email marketing experience
|This position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic professional who is looking to build their marketing communications portfolio and pursue a career in web communications.