||School of Professional and Extended Studies||
||Commensurate with experience.||
Work Hours per Week:
|This position is responsible for managing all aspects of AU’s English Language Transition Program (ELTP) including creative curriculum instruction, program staffing, program promotion and development, student advising, registration, orientation, counseling, assessment of learning outcomes, and matriculation into main-campus undergraduate or graduate programs. The incumbent develops the ELTP marketing and recruitment plans to ensure enrollment targets are achieved. The program manager helps resolve faculty and student issues and ensures that consistency in academic standards is maintained across ELTP courses.
|The incumbent must have a Master's degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field with certification in TESOL. A PhD is preferred.
|- Knowledge of current ESL practices and policies in higher education|
- At least 5 years of ESL teaching experience and academic program management, administration and assessment, and/or curriculum development required, preferably in ESL
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with recruitment and student advising
- Excellent people skills and relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, handles multiple tasks, and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a fast paced environment with minimal or no supervision
- Outstanding organizational ability as well as the ability to manage deadlines
|- Multilingual qualifications|
- Working knowledge of current technology in the field